moodle.com triggering Google Safe Browsing warning in Safari and Firefox

moodle.com triggering Google Safe Browsing warning in Safari and Firefox

by Ross Lovell -
Number of replies: 4

When I try to access moodle.com (I was specifically trying to access education.moodle.com/login/index.php for my MEC) in Safari 15 on my Mac (macOS 11.6) I keep getting the below error message:

moodle.com website error

I figured out that moodle.com is triggering Google's Safe Browsing feature in Safari for some reason. When I disabled it everything worked as normal.

Google Safe Browsing

I tried Chrome and Edge and the website works as normal but when I tried the Firefox Developer browser (94.0b9) I received the below error message:

Firefox error

Is anyone else having this issue?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ross Lovell

Re: moodle.com triggering Google Safe Browsing warning in Safari and Firefox

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
HI Ross (hope you are well smile )
This is a false alarm that is being fixed - there is more information here: Moodle.com blocked 
Average of ratings: Cool (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ross Lovell -
HI Mary, thank you for the reply and link. It's good to know it's a false alarm.

Yes, I'm keeping well thank you, I'm quite busy running my school's Moodle site and training staff how to use it. Our Moodle site's never been so busy, although it's a little quiet now due to half-term, which is the perfect time for maintenance and upgrading.
In reply to Ross Lovell

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Great! Hopefully you can get them interested in the future offerings of Moodle Academy too.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ross Lovell -
I have mentioned it to staff as I train them. I'll give it an extra push after half-term.