How do user reports/logs show time to second accuracy

How do user reports/logs show time to second accuracy

by jhong tao -
Number of replies: 2

Im having a situation where one of our moodle teachers requires activity reports / logs to to also display the seconds in the time field so that he can be able to see the time spent on each activity. I have been trying to modify the code to solve this but to no luck.
Will you please assist me with code that I need to add/modify to achieve this.
thanks

my email:jhong.tao@foxmail.com

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jhong tao

Re: How do user reports/logs show time to second accuracy

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
How would displaying the seconds on a log entry allow you to work out how long someone spent on an activity?

All you would know is the time when a user did each action - it wouldn't tell you anything at all about how they spent the time in between each logged action (were they watching YouTube in a different browser window and occasionally click on a link in Moodle, without stopping to read what was there?)
Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to jhong tao

Re: How do user reports/logs show time to second accuracy

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Time is stored in the database accurate to the nearest second, so by directy querying the database you can get it.

And, from Moodle 4.0 onwards, the full time will be shown in the UI: MDL-71927.

But, note also what Davo days.
Average of ratings: Useful (4)