Indenting a Topic in Moodle

Indenting a Topic in Moodle

by Anthony Yeong -
Number of replies: 5

Dear all,

Please kindly advise how to indent a Topic as another sub-topic in Moodle. For example, re-order Topic 2 as a sub-topic under Topic 1.

Attached is the snapshot.

I am using Moodle 3.9.2 version.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Anthony

Attachment Moodle.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anthony Yeong

Re: Indenting a Topic in Moodle

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
If you are using the regular Boost theme, I do not believe that you can indent topics the way that you wish to indent. Perhaps someone here will know more, or will know of a plugin theme to do this.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Anthony Yeong -
Hi Rick, thanks for the reply. I prefer not to use external plugins not supported by my organisation.

I have just found an alternative but a bit more work to get that done.

1.  Create the Topic 2 as a label under Topic 1.
2.  Move the Section 2.1 and Section 2.2 to Topic 2.
3.  Move the Section 2.1 and Section 2.2 by selecting Move right as the indent.

Not sure why Moodle does not allow to simply drop Topic 2 and the sections to Topic 1 and move to the right.

If everyone know a better way instead of recreating Topic 2 as a label, please kindly let me know. Thanks.
Attachment Moodle 1.jpg
Attachment Moodle 2.jpg

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Easiest way it to just fake it with Justin Hunt's Generico filter in a Moodle resource label using a combination of nested accordian and accordianitems along with Atto indent as needed to get your spacing.

Fake topic indents using a Generico filter.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Anthony Yeong -
Hi AL, thanks for the suggestion. It might be a challenge for me to install the plugin as our Moodle is managed by third party. I will try it out using my personal Moodle platform first.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Actually, if you are the admin for your Moodle site, with the permissions set correctly for your site server moodle folder, and your site is registered with Moodle.org, you can just go to the plugins download page at, https://moodle.org/plugins/filter_generico, and you should have an, Install now, button at the upper right. Click it an follow the prompts.

This will work for any Moodle site that is accessible on the internet and registered with Moodle.org, but will not work if your site is only available via an internal intranet.