Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Unknown question type ddmatch

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Unknown question type ddmatch

by Dave Dent -
Number of replies: 3

This error starting appearing when one of our teachers was trying to preview a quiz she created.  I copied her course and created a new "test" course so that I could play around with some settings to correct the problem based on some google searches on this error message.  I could not resolve it.  So, I deleted all the content in my test course and then tried to delete the test course and this same error appeared.  So, I am not sure if the error is really related to her quiz or to her course of what.  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Dent

Re: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Unknown question type ddmatch

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Well, the message kind of tells you the problem. The question type ddmatch is missing - sounds like the site was upgraded and the ddmatch question type was not copied over. Install the ddmatch question type and see if that doesn't fix it.
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Unknown question type ddmatch

by Dave Dent -

thanks Emma - how exactly would i do that?