Font not found

Font not found

by ULISES MAURICIO PENA BASTIAS . -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, I recently upgraded an old Moodle installation to Moodle 3.9. This installation had the theme 'Learning Zone' version 2016060900.

I just followed the instructions on the Moodle Docs and everything is working fine, I copied the theme and its dependencies to the new installation (Bootstrapbase and Clean) and just to be sure I purge all caches from CLI.

Now, the only thing that is not working perfectly, is that I checked the console and had various errors:

https://imgur.com/a/A8ipa1l

I checked and the file existed inside the theme folder, but the URL that moodle is trying to access is not correct. The font is located in /theme/learningzone/font, I don't know why moodle is trying requesting it form styles.php.

The other errors shown are JS, related to jQuery:

https://imgur.com/a/1jRgKGr

I don't know what is causing this problems, but maybe the theme version is outdated for Moodle 3.9?

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to ULISES MAURICIO PENA BASTIAS .

Re: Font not found

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
a) The font probably does not exist in the theme's 'font' folder.
b) The jQuery issue (this is an old one) relates to the way the menu markup is created on the navbar, the theme needs to be fixed etc. It's been a few years since I've seen this error, so can't remember the exact fix off the top of my head.
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by ULISES MAURICIO PENA BASTIAS . -
Thanks for your response, Gareth!

I restore the old installation and the font problem was there all along and it doesn't mess up anything really.
I research for the jQuery problem, and I found that it has to do with html elements having href="#". The solution I found said to make sure there is no # in custom menu declarations. I don't have anything in custom menu declarations but the problem still persists. The user menu doesn't expand so you can't even logout.
In reply to ULISES MAURICIO PENA BASTIAS .

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
How about the other menu code? And how about fixing the font issue by getting the TTF file?