Strange problem with backup und delete

Strange problem with backup und delete

by Andreas R. -
Number of replies: 7

Hi all

We have a big problem, if we try delete a course comes: (Here is the debug warning). A similar warning when we want clone or copy a course. Moodle ist 3.11.3. Any help is welcome!

Greets Andy

error/setting_invalid_ui_label

Weitere Informationen über diesen Fehler
Debug-Info:
Error code: setting_invalid_ui_label
$a contents:
Stack trace:

line 153 of /backup/util/ui/backup_ui_setting.class.php: base_setting_ui_exception thrown
    line 156 of /backup/moodle2/backup_section_task.class.php: call to base_setting_ui->set_label()
    line 153 of /backup/util/plan/base_task.class.php: call to backup_section_task->define_settings()
    line 60 of /backup/util/plan/base_plan.class.php: call to base_task->set_plan()
    line 161 of /backup/moodle2/backup_plan_builder.class.php: call to base_plan->add_task()
    line 188 of /backup/moodle2/backup_plan_builder.class.php: call to backup_plan_builder::build_section_plan()
    line 101 of /backup/moodle2/backup_plan_builder.class.php: call to backup_plan_builder::build_course_plan()
    line 163 of /backup/util/factories/backup_factory.class.php: call to backup_plan_builder::build_plan()
    line 67 of /backup/util/plan/backup_plan.class.php: call to backup_factory::build_plan()
    line 463 of /backup/controller/backup_controller.class.php: call to backup_plan->build()
    line 149 of /backup/controller/backup_controller.class.php: call to backup_controller->load_plan()
    line 125 of /backup/backup.php: call to backup_controller->__construct()

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andreas R.

Re: Strange problem with backup und delete

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

@Andy

The error refers to a label resource.  What happens if you backup and de-select label resources in the course?

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

by Andreas R. -
Hi Ken
This will i try and report on Friday when i have access to the moodle installation. What i can say and the target to your notice, it seems that not all courses affected. At this point, thanks four your request and we read us later!

Greets Andy
In reply to Ken Task

by Andreas R. -
Hi Ken

So i´m back with news, but this news are not good. The problem seems to be only in one course, i cannot backup, cannot duplicate, cannot reset, and still cannot delete this course. I´m not sure, but i suspect hvp or h5p ressource. I must and will wait they give me the ok that i can delete section to find the troublemaker.

I come back with news when we can go on with our investigation smile

Greets Andy
In reply to Andreas R.

by Andreas R. -
Moin Ken

We solved the problems! As you wrote, the section labels was the issue. We did first not see, in some courses they use the tiles couse format, so we can not see in the first moment that the label was missing. Thank´s a lot Ken!

Greets Andy
In reply to Andreas R.

Ri: Re: Strange problem with backup und delete

by Francesco Scarano -

I've same problem...
I try to empty a course, but the issue is the same

error/setting_invalid_ui_label

Informazioni di debug: 
Error code: setting_invalid_ui_label
$a contents:

Stack trace: 

• line 153 of /backup/util/ui/backup_ui_setting.class.php: base_setting_ui_exception thrown
  • line 156 of /backup/moodle2/backup_section_task.class.php: call to base_setting_ui->set_label()
  • line 153 of /backup/util/plan/base_task.class.php: call to backup_section_task->define_settings()
  • line 60 of /backup/util/plan/base_plan.class.php: call to base_task->set_plan()
  • line 161 of /backup/moodle2/backup_plan_builder.class.php: call to base_plan->add_task()
  • line 188 of /backup/moodle2/backup_plan_builder.class.php: call to backup_plan_builder::build_section_plan()
  • line 101 of /backup/moodle2/backup_plan_builder.class.php: call to backup_plan_builder::build_course_plan()
  • line 163 of /backup/util/factories/backup_factory.class.php: call to backup_plan_builder::build_plan()
  • line 67 of /backup/util/plan/backup_plan.class.php: call to backup_factory::build_plan()
  • line 463 of /backup/controller/backup_controller.class.php: call to backup_plan->build()
  • line 149 of /backup/controller/backup_controller.class.php: call to backup_controller->load_plan()
  • line 130 of /admin/tool/recyclebin/classes/category_bin.php: call to backup_controller->__construct()
  • line 185 of /admin/tool/recyclebin/lib.php: call to tool_recyclebin\category_bin->store_item()
  • line 4998 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to tool_recyclebin_pre_course_delete()
  • line 68 of /course/delete.php: call to delete_course()

In reply to Francesco Scarano

Ri: Re: Strange problem with backup und delete

by Francesco Scarano -
I try to modify from label custom in the section to standard label and I resolve issue
Attachment Schermata 2021-10-12 alle 10.59.13.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Francesco Scarano

Re: Ri: Re: Strange problem with backup und delete

by Andreas R. -
Hi Franceso

Sometimes the solution is closer than you think!

Greets from Germany
Andy