Certified plugin

Certified plugin

by Sergio Rodriguez -
Number of replies: 2

Hello
Use Moodle 10.3+
I intend to include the Certified plugin in my course but the main administrator states that the plugins consume a lot of resources, especially Ram memory. Is this true?

Thanks for your attention

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sergio Rodriguez

Re: Certified plugin

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I assume you mean Moodle 3.10 - not 10.3, but yes, some plugins make a significant impact on server performance but can also contain security issues and it is wise for your administrator to be careful - installing many extra plugins can also generate more effort for your admin team when performing future Moodle upgrades.

But - I'm also not sure what you mean by a "certified" plugin? - plugins in our moodle.org plugins database have been through an initial review process and some of the popular ones are regularly reviewed by Moodle partners and other developers, but each organisation should have their own process to assess the safety of a specific plugin before it is installed on their site.

Perhaps you could share more information about the specific plugin you wanted to use?
In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: Certified plugin

by Sergio Rodriguez -
custom certificate for Moodle course

Hello dan
Thanks for the prompt responses

If I meant to say that I use Moodle version 3.10.3+, excuse me.
I am referring to the plugin to generate personalized certificate for students, once they finish the course, what I would like to know is if it is true that it consumes a lot of resources as the main administrator of the Moodle site tells me because I would like to incorporate it into my course.

Thank you again