Attendance with Natural Grading

Attendance with Natural Grading

by Eric Evans -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

We are having an issue with grading for the Attendance module. It works great for taking attendance. However, it calculates a student's grade oddly if you are using natural grading for the course. Specifically, it scales the grade up percentage and point wise based on the student's attendance to date. The logic is so that the student is not penalized for classes that have not yet occurred. However, the grade is inflated to the max points for attendance for the entire course. 

For example, if the total attendance grade for the course is100 points for 10 classes - the student will see they have 100 points in the gradebook after the first class attended rather than the 10 points they have actually earned.

The problem resolves itself at the end of the course when all sessions have been completed. However, it skews the grade while the class is still in progress.

Has anyone else encountered this and do you have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Eric Evans

Union College

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric Evans

Re: Attendance with Natural Grading

by John Fleischauer -
I'm running into this issue as well. Have you had any luck figuring out a solution?
In reply to John Fleischauer

Ri: Re: Attendance with Natural Grading

by David Genovese -

i had to modify locallib.php this way (commented lines were original code):

//$usersummary = $summary->get_taken_sessions_summary_for($userid);

//$grades[$userid]->rawgrade = $usersummary->takensessionspercentage * $attendancegrade;

$usersummary = $summary->get_all_sessions_summary_for($userid);

$grades[$userid]->rawgrade = $usersummary->takensessionspoints;

but i really don't know why it randoms activate completion with passgrade (sometimes it goes with passgrade, some other times it puts a simple completion) 

In reply to David Genovese

Re: Ri: Re: Attendance with Natural Grading

by Fabio Uzeltinger -

we can suggest plugin developers to apply this change in new release, with option to select in the plugin configuration. I go to github