Recommended Database Configuration taking online quiz with Moodle Hosted on Google Cloud

Re: Recommended Database Configuration taking online quiz with Moodle Hosted on Google Cloud

by Arnold Babasa -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Alex, you're right. After calculating again, the Max workers are about 750. The PHP-FPM processes take on average 82MB of RAM and the free memory is 62GB.

The performance is quite good now. Very fast page loads even with the Standard Persistent Storage and not the SSD.

Yes, there are some issues and I am following various trackers. I have disabled the calendar block for now, at least until exams are done. Today we attempted a quiz of 1500 users for one hour and it went very well. I forgot to mention that we are also using the Delayed Quiz plugin to spread out the start times for students to access the quiz. This has helped to reduce the impact of initial login.

However, we have a quiz of 2000 coming up soon (largest class) and we are wondering whether to increase database from 64GB RAM to 96GB to improve the work_mem, shared_buffers and effective_cache_size of our PostgreSQL instance.

Cheers.