Learning Analytics - state of the art

Learning Analytics - state of the art

by f. nunes -
Number of replies: 2

Hi.

I am looking for some guidance regarding the available Learning Analytics plugins on the Moodle platform.

I have checked here https://moodle.org/plugins/?q=LEARNING%20analytics and got a list of potential options.

Assuming that some might be active or discontinued, updated recently or not, I wonder if anybody would inform about the state of the art, with a short list of 3 recommended plugins.

Although a regular search in one of the most common search engines might be an obvious thing to do, I'd like to get an educated opinion from this forum.

Thank you for your support.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to f. nunes

Re: Learning Analytics - state of the art

by Jennifer Ramos -
Hey There!

I have a colleague who was an Instructional Designer at her previous institution, and she raved about how her team used the IntelliBoard plugin with Moodle in several different areas of her institution. From the IT Department accessing LMS usage reporting for upgrades, to the online programs using scheduled, automated reports to learn about at-risk learners based on LMS activity, to her design team using the data and visualizations to develop support and training opportunities for faculty, she found ways to enhance several areas of the institution just from this one plugin inside Moodle. She also talks about the Instructor Dashboard with the IntelliBoard data that was embedded right into their Moodle platform, so the faculty had access to their own course/student data at any time.

If you want to learn more, IntelliBoard is having a one-day virtual event in October. This link, IntelliCon 2021, will take you to the information/registration page.

Hope this helps! 

Jennifer
In reply to Jennifer Ramos

Re: Learning Analytics - state of the art

by f. nunes -
Hi Jennifer, thanks a lot for your comments.
I'll definitely check IntelliCon 2021.