HELP! Restrict Access or Custom User Profile Field Seems Broken!!

HELP! Restrict Access or Custom User Profile Field Seems Broken!!

by Becka M -
Number of replies: 0

CONDITIONS:

• Currently running v3.10, which I upgraded to very recently from a v3.7 version. I have no clue if this problem existed prior to the upgrade, as I only discovered the problem when I was adding a "Poll" (Feedback) activity to the Front Page.
  • Custom User Profile Fields (among others): "Activity Status", and "Church Info Sufficient?", are both dropdowns. "Date Added" is a text box.
  • I have a "dummy" account that I use as a student account in order to test stuff, to see how a student would see things. (Jane Tutorial)
    • Her Activity Status is currently "Idle".
    • "Church Info Sufficient" is "Insufficient".
    • "Date Added" is 2013/09/01

PROBLEM:

Browse List of Users

-User Profile Fields

-[Activity Status] [is equal to] [Idle]

-or-

-[Church Info Sufficient] [is equal to] [Insufficient]

works fine, and Jane Tutorial shows up in the list.

~BUT~

An activity or Topic Section, with "Restrict Access" set to:

Student [must] match the following--

User profile field [Activity Status] [is equal to] [Idle] (or the Church Info one) with EYE CLOSED (Hidden Otherwise)

won't display for Jane Tutorial. 

~YET~

User profile field [Date Added] [starts with] [2013] with EYE CLOSED (Hidden Otherwise)

shows up for her fine!

I have a label on the Front Page, AND a label within a course. If they have no restriction set or the Date Added set to 2013, Jane Tutorial sees them; but if I set them to Activity Status as "Idle" or Church Info as "Insufficient", the activity disappears.  

CONCLUSION:

Either the Restrict Access, or the Custom User Profile Fields (Dropdowns specifically) is broken, and I have no clue how to fix it. I need this fixed because I have labels on the Front Page that are supposed to trigger display and serve as warnings or notices based on those custom fields (such as when a student's account is considered/set-to "Idle"). I also plan to have certain activities within courses to show/hide based on custom profile fields.

Average of ratings: -