The tool uploadcourse ingnores the course format settings of the a template course

The tool uploadcourse ingnores the course format settings of the a template course

by Gerhard Fahsold -
Number of replies: 1

Hi, I tried to install courses with the uploadcourse tool using a csv-file with a template course. Everything works, except for the course format settings in generated courses. The new courses are in the default format. Even if I chose the template course format (buttons, e.g.) as the default course format, the settings from the template course are missing (no. of sections, groupings, grouping titles...). 
I already checked adding a course or restoring a course using the template. This works, the new courses show the template course format.
A workaround might be adapting the course format default settings to the template formate settings, but I haven't found an easy way to do this for Buttons, e.g..
Any help is appreciated!

Regards, Gerhard

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerhard Fahsold

Re: The tool uploadcourse ingnores the course format settings of the a template course

by Gerhard Fahsold -
Solved! The uploadcourse tool does in fact ignore the format settings. The settings have to be adjusted afterwards by changing the format parameter values in the mdl_course_format_options table. Format settings details, which are not accessible by the moodlecourse format standard settings, can be fixed there.