Parallel meeting rooms with Zoom plugins

Parallel meeting rooms with Zoom plugins

by Son TRAN -
Number of replies: 1

Dear all,

I try to setup Zoom plugin for our institute Moodle with several teachers, who can create Zoom activity by themselves. Since in the settings of Zoom plugin we can put only one API key + secret of a Zoom account, then only the moodle account having the same email can create Zoom activity. In other words only one teacher (who has that email) can create meeting room for the whole institute ? Or I have to enable Moodle to permit different accounts using the same email ? Even in the latter case, surely teachers cannot schedule room at the same time. So really I donnot how Zoom plugin manages multi Zoom accounts in moodle environment.

Among the Zoom settings,  I found Number of licenses and Redefine licenses, Is there any clearer explication for these params?

Many thanks 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Son TRAN

Re: Parallel meeting rooms with Zoom plugins

by Jonathan Champ -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
The Zoom plugin uses JWT credentials (account Owner access) to create meetings. When a teacher creates an activity, the JWT credentials create the meeting for the teacher.

So it's not that the meetings are all being created for the same users. The Moodle user's email address is used by default to match the Zoom user's email address. This all requires that the teachers and the account Owner are all part of a single "group" account, like an Education/Enterprise/Business account.

You don't need to use the "number of licenses" settings unless you have more teachers than Zoom licenses. That's mainly there to help move licenses around for institutions that don't have a good automatic or manual system for managing licenses.