Making booking slots only visible to people in defined group

Making booking slots only visible to people in defined group

by Dave Foord -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I would like to set up a single activity, but one where when the tutor adds the visible slots, they choose which group the slots are to be visible to. As far as I can tell, if a user is in the same group as the tutor, they see the slots, and if they are not in same group, then they don't see the slots - however, if a tutor is in 2 groups (group A and group B) - if they want to add a series of available slots, only for group A, the only way to do this, is to create a separate item specifically for group A, and use restrictions to restrict access. I have a project with hundreds of different groups, with tutors regularly spanning across multiple groups, so I am going to have to create hundreds of these activities.

Is there any way to avoid this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Foord

Re: Making booking slots only visible to people in defined group

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
I'm afraid that slots are always assigned to teachers (and students), not to groups, hence there's no way to restrict them to only one group in Scheduler, apart from restricting the entire activity to a group. However, depending on your situation, it might be useful to divide your groups into groupings, and restrict activities to groupings.
In reply to Henning Bostelmann

Re: Making booking slots only visible to people in defined group

by Dave Foord -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Thanks Henning for replying and confirming the situation, I will have to stick to duplicating the item and restriction by group. The groupings idea on this occassion won't reduce the number of required items very much, as I would probably end up with about as many groupings as I have groups.