LDAP coursecreatorcontext works in Moodle 3.8.3 but not in Moodle 3.11.2

LDAP coursecreatorcontext works in Moodle 3.8.3 but not in Moodle 3.11.2

by Christian Wurzer -
Number of replies: 2

Every year I install a new Moodle instance in our school. Last year it was Moodle 3.8.3, this year it should be Moodle 3.11.2.

In Moodle 3.8.3. the LDAP connection works perfectly, the course creator assignment works very well (I see that with the global roles)

In Moodle 3.11.2, which runs parallel to 3.8.3, the LDAP connection only works partially. I can register, enroll in courses ... But unfortunately I cannot create a new course with a user who can create a course in 3.8.3. Unfortunately, the button for this is missing. When I look at the global roles, I see that the assignment did not take place. I can assign this manually, then I can also create a course with the user.

I have no idea why that could be. Has anything changed here in Moodle? Does anyone have an idea? Thanks for the help.

Christian

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christian Wurzer

Re: LDAP coursecreatorcontext works in Moodle 3.8.3 but not in Moodle 3.11.2

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Try changing Member attribute uses dn to Yes.

I think this is a bug introduced in Moodle 3.8.5: MDL-70596, which is unresolved. See also this thread.

In reply to Leon Stringer

Re: LDAP coursecreatorcontext works in Moodle 3.8.3 but not in Moodle 3.11.2

by Christian Wurzer -
Hi Leon,
thanks for the tip. I just tried it and it works. This will automatically promote the teacher as the course creator again. I controlled that in the global roles.

Thanks also for mentioning this again in the tracker.

Christian