Limit size of files uploaded by students via Atto > File Picker?

Limit size of files uploaded by students via Atto > File Picker?

by Przemek Kaszubski -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Dear All,

Not sure this is the best forum for my question, perhaos it is smile

The matter is : Is there any way of controlling the sizes of files uploaded by students to online text assignments, forums etc. via  Atto's  Link button > Upload a file repository? The limit applicable there appears the same for all users, i.e. the (course's?) "Site upload limit", which is usually quite generous.  

We are on Moodle 3.9, and cannot yet use the file size limit on attachments in quiz essay questions, but at least here there is a solution to look forward to once we upgrade... And of course attachment sizes in assignments, forums or workshops can be specified. It's also nice that essay questions in quizzes can be set to use "bare" HTML editors with no File Picker enabled. So there are some ways of controlling the sizes of student input in some places.

I find that insufficiuent and inconsistent, anyway, as there all sorts of other in-course contexts where students can upload stuff into the HTML editor practically without limit.

Are there any ways of restricting the sizes of students' files uploaded to the HTML editors?

With respect to assignments, I suppose I can experiment with the
"Use uploading in file picker" repository/upload:view capability - to prohibit students from using it at all , but this seems cumbersome, not user friendly for teachers , and not versatile enough.

Average of ratings: -