Fordson theme does not work with Moodle 3.11

Fordson theme does not work with Moodle 3.11

by P H -
Number of replies: 11

I have just upgraded to Moodle 3.11.1+ (Build: 20210716) with Fordson v3.11 release 1 2021072100. 

Fordson simply does not work, nor do its presets. 

Boost works all right. So do Moove 3.11.05 2021052100 and Adaptable 3.10.1.2 2021022302. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to P H

Re: Fordson theme does not work with Moodle 3.11

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

You should really provide much more details on what doesn't work, and preset you use. Perhaps screenshots could also be useful.

Séverin
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by P H -
Thank you for your reply. 

1. Fordson basically looks like Boost no matter what preset I use.

2. There are some misalignments and design hitches in Fordson while Boost works as expected.

I have attached some screenshots, one with Boost and 3 with Fordson (Preset: spectrum-achromatic). 
Attachment moodle-311-boost-fordson.png
In reply to P H

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Have you cleared the cache? I did not see this issue. The only change in the theme that was made from Moodle 3.10 to 3.11 was the SCSS for the breadcrumbs. What I am seeing indicates that the SCSS isn't being generated properly.
Please set Fordson to the default settings on the first page and second page of the theme admin settings. Purge Moodle Cache and report back.

It could be that you maybe don't have folder permissions set correctly and it cannot write or overwrite the styles?  I cannot reproduce this issue on my test server.
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by P H -
Hello,
1. I had already purged all caches, but...
2. I followed your instructions. No change.
3. Fordson folder permission is 0755, the same as Boost. Adaptable, and Moove.

by P H -
Hello. Have you looked further into this? Any other suggestions?
In reply to P H

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
If you do a clean install of Moodle 3.11 and install Fordson it doesn't do this. I cannot replicate the issues. Have you added anything to the text boxes such as the custom SCSS on the colors page or added an incorrect value somewhere?

by P H -
I have heavily modified the appearance of the theme with a lot of custom CSS (both Raw initial SCSS and Raw SCSS) all working just fine on 3.9.

However, I followed your line of thinking and removed the custom CSS just so that I could smugly report back and say that it had changed nothing wink... and lo and behold... everything went back to normal.

I then pasted back the whole custom CSS part by part to identify the culprit. And it was /==* generico accordion ==*/ which I corrected to /*== generico accordion ==*/.

What beats me is why it worked just fine on 3.9 but threw out a tantrum under 3.11.

Thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated!
In reply to P H

by Tadas Gečas -
Hello

I install clean Moodle 3.11.1+ import sql with moodledata catalog, all info is working. But after install Fordson v3.11 release 1 (2021072100) not working in tab Colour Settings - custom colors. Colors do not change on the page. What might be the problems?
In reply to Tadas Gečas

Odgovor: Re: Fordson theme does not work with Moodle 3.11

by Milan Ivetic -

I solved the problem! I uninstalled and then reinstalled the newer version of fordson. The mistake was that I automatically installed fordson via moodle 3.11 instead of doing it manually!

In reply to Milan Ivetic

Re: Odgovor: Re: Fordson theme does not work with Moodle 3.11

by Tadas Gečas -
I uninstalled and then reinstalled the latest version of Fordison but color does not change. All colors are default of Fordison theme.

In reply to Tadas Gečas

Odgovor: Re: Odgovor: Re: Fordson theme does not work with Moodle 3.11

by Milan Ivetic -
See if old files from a previous version of Fordson are left in the moodledata. If there are, they can make a problem. The solution might be to delete all old files before reinstalling and make clear cache themes