Different display with tabs in desktop and mobile

Different display with tabs in desktop and mobile

by Luis Olcese -
Number of replies: 10

We are using Moodle 3.2.1, and I started a new course using the tab format. When viewing from desktop everything is fine

Desktop

But when viewed from an Android phone the tabs are not shown (the content is fine)

Mobile

When viewed from the app, not the tabs nor the content are shown

App

What could be happening?

Thanks a lot

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luis Olcese

Re: Different display with tabs in desktop and mobile

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
The mobile app is a totally separate thing to the web based code.
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Luis Olcese -
Thanks. Do you have any clue about the mobile (not app) view?
In reply to Luis Olcese

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Nope as the mobile app is difficult to run against development sites, so I don't use it.

by Luis Olcese -
Thanks, but I'm asking about the moodle website viewed with a mobile phone, please see the second image.
In reply to Luis Olcese

by Gareth J Barnard -
Does it happen if you create another course from scratch and create some tabs? If so, then probably some copy / pasted content from Word is breaking the output of the course. Otherwise, could be anything - changed code somewhere?

by Luis Olcese -
The course was created from scratch, and on word pasted code. In fact, the main page was not edited and shows the same thing
In reply to Luis Olcese

by Gareth J Barnard -
So what happens when you don't have Word pasted code? Or is that what you're saying with "In fact, the main page was not edited and shows the same thing"?

by Luis Olcese -
Exactly. I never added anything to the main page and it still shows garbled
Thanks
In reply to Luis Olcese

by Gareth J Barnard -
In that case, I have no idea, I'd have to look at the site and investigate from a technical point of view what could be causing the problem. Pragmatically, from my point of view, that's skilled specific work and I'd want paying for my time. Others are of course free to assist if they choose to do so.

by Luis Olcese -
Thanks for your help, I will try to investigate