Grid format updated for Moodle 3.9 to 3.10.

Grid format updated for Moodle 3.9 to 3.10.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,

I've updated the Grid format as follows and hopefully will fix the recent image issues, all down to a complex set of circumstances, where things were happening that I'd not anticipated or was aware of that could happen in the processes used to update a Moodle installation.  As always, please test on a test server first!  I'm only human and there is only me (for the most part) working on the code.

Version 3.10.1.4 for Moodle 3.10 version 2020110900.00 (Build: 20201109) and above within the 3.10 branch until the next release:

with:

1. Fix 'Exception when using course import function' - #144.
  2. Fix 'Course restore fails with cannotgetimagesforcourse error' - #145.

Version 3.9.1.4 for Moodle 3.9 version 2020061500.00 (Build: 20200615) and above within the 3.9 branch until the next release:

with:

1. Rewrite of update of displayed images process, such that should fix #143 when upgrades are conducted on staged Moodle installations where there is no data folder.  This also speeds up in general the update process as the displayed images are only regenerated when the course is accessed - thus a 'reset all' should be much faster.  The downside of all of this is a slower page load for the first user to access a course that has had the displayed images updated.
  2. Fix backup files do not contain 'alttext' field for the image.
  3. Fix 'Exception when using course import function' - #144.
  4. Fix 'Course restore fails with cannotgetimagesforcourse error' - #145.

If you find this post useful then please mark it so.  Please report any issues with these versions ONLY here.  I do intend a M3.11 release as soon as I can, but there are some things I want to address with the activity meta information in Collapsed Topics first, so that is my next priority.

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Grid format updated for Moodle 3.9 to 3.10.

by Jackie Heenan -

Hi Gareth

Thanks for the update on this, I have a question about the structure of the plugin in the plugin directory, any reason why the plugin unzips to 'moodle-format_grid-3.10.1.4'  and not as previously 'grid' ?

Thanks

Jackie

In reply to Jackie Heenan

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I don't know, could be a bug with the plugin's DB, as I had the relevant tick box ticked:

Attachment Screenshot 2021-07-01 155934.png

by Gareth J Barnard -
I can't delete the release or indeed would be tricky to hide and republish. Only way to tell would to make another release of Grid or another plugin and test again, then I'd be sure that it was an issue I could report on the Moodle Tracker.

by Jackie Heenan -
Hi Gareth

Thanks for replying, it isn't just your plugin but seems all recent updates are in the same format, which means when downloaded the directory needs to be renamed before uploading to docroot.

Jackie