Quiz results not appearing for certain students

Quiz results not appearing for certain students

by Alan Megson -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Forum,

I have a quiz which I'm using for course feedback, there are 17 questions (multi-choice + select missing words) each worth 1 mark, max grade is set to 17. I'm testing it with a couple of test student logins, one of which has produced viewable results, one did not. I completed each one and clicked 'submit all and finish', both looked like they were submitted correctly.

When I click on the Quiz then select 'Results/Responses' from the cog dropdown menu I only see one row of responses in the table.

I can't work what the difference between these two submissions were, or, where else the issue might lie.

Can anyone offer some clues?

Many thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alan Megson

Re: Quiz results not appearing for certain students

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Check permissions in the quiz for each user. If a user has 'Preview' capability, then their attempts will not show in the reports. (MDL-54875 has details.)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Quiz results not appearing for certain students

by Alan Megson -
Hi Tim, many thanks for your reply.

This is exactly what's happening - I used the 'switch role to...' option and the quiz results appear.

Much obliged.