Active Directory Logins?

Active Directory Logins?

by Richie Foreman -
Number of replies: 16
Hello there.

Our district is in the process of doing a large installation of moodle.  Also, they are looking at migrating to active directory in the near future.  One of my colleagues inquired with me upon moodle's integration with Active Directory login.  Is there any support for this at all?

Thanks,

Richie Foreman
Mesa Public Schools
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richie Foreman

Re: Active Directory Logins?

by Cory B -
Our school is Authenticating using Active Directory and it's working very well from Linux servers.

by Richie Foreman -

Cory -

Have you had any hiccups or significant issues?  I wouldn't want to integrate out moodle install without making sure that everything is going to work AOK

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
We've been using Moodle + Active Directory (W2003) since Sept. 2005 without a single problem.

Saludos. Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Rajesh Kassa -

Hi,

Good to hear that the moodle can be integrated with AD and is running successfully.Can you please let me know how to achieve this integration on a windows 2003 server.

Thanks

In reply to Rajesh Kassa

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You have plenty of details here: http://docs.moodle.org/en/LDAP_authentication

Saludos. Iñaki.

by Zaw Tun Naing -

Hi Arenaza,

I tried already as http://docs.moodle.org/en/LDAP_authentication

. Unfortunately it seems not working.

I check with connection already . It is ok. I use xampp . I try with wordpress Ad authentication . It is working for wordpress. For moodle , i dont know why its not working. Any idea ? Please help.Thanks.

by Zaw Tun Naing -

It keep giving me this error screen

LDAP-module cannot connect to any servers: Server: 'ldap://myldap_IPaddress', Connection: 'Resource id #50', Bind result: '' . I can ping to this myldap_IPaddress. I suspect is there any thing I miss out in 

Distinguished name ?

ou=Staff,dc=mycompany,dc=edu,dc=sg

In reply to Zaw Tun Naing

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Have you specified the correct bind user and password?

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Zaw Tun Naing -

Dear Luis,

Thanks for your kindly reply.Yes, the bind user and password are correct . I even test it out with orther 3rd party software for ldap testing tool which refer from one of moodle forum . Bind user are correct  and also has admin access.

In reply to Zaw Tun Naing

by Mark Ward -

'ldap://myldap_IPaddress'

Did you replace the name of the server in that error message or is that the actual message you recieve? If so is your domain controller actually named "myldap_IPaddress"? It looks to me like you havent specified a correct address for the authentication plugin to connect to.

In reply to Mark Ward

by Zaw Tun Naing -

Thanks. Now I manage to do it with ldap. You are right. It is because of ldap setting I not set up properly.

by Juan David Martínez Pavony -

Hello Richie.

I want to add: Most problems come from normal curve of learning how to use a new thing (in your case, Moodle).

I have Moodle 1.5.3+ authenticating against our corporate Active Directory.

Have a look at MoodleDocs' WEB site as indicated and let us know if you have any problems.

Good luck.

by Richie Foreman -
Fantastic!  Now I just have to play the waiting game.  I don't think the district is going to roll out active directory for a little while.  However, as soon as the AD server is ticking, we're going to have moodle authorize against it.

--Richie Foreman
Mesa Public Schools, Mesa Arizona.