Quiz checkbox disappears at small screensize - cannot submit

Quiz checkbox disappears at small screensize - cannot submit

by B. M. -
အကြောင်းပြန်မှု အရေအတွက်: 8

Hello,

Some of our users have encountered an error, when viewing quiz checkboxes at low resolution. Please see the following:

Image 1: checkboxes "e" and "f" are showing as they are supposed to:

Image 2: I have lowered the screen size just a bit - notice how the checkboxes dimish accordingly:

Image 3: With just a bit lower resolution the checkboxes disappear completely making it impossible to pick/submit an answer:

This happens in Chrome and Edge (and Brave), but not Firefox and Safari it seems. It happens in both Boost and Classic theme.

The options are put in as images:

Best regards,

Brian

ပျှမ်းမျှအဆင့်သတ်မှတ်ချက်များ: -
B. M. ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

Re: Quiz checkbox disappears at small screensize - cannot submit

by Marcus Green -
Core developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Particularly helpful Moodlers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Plugin developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Testers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ
Marcus Green ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

by B. M. -

by Marcus Green -
Core developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Particularly helpful Moodlers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Plugin developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Testers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ
It is not an area I know about, but I know that eliminating the theme might be useful to someone who does.
Marcus Green ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

by B. M. -
That's a good point. I can confirm that the issue is there with the Classic theme as well.

by Marcus Green -
My wild guess is that this is a bug. What version of Moodle are you on, can you reproduce on https://qa.moodledemo.net/
That might be hard without yiour data.

by Tim Hunt -
Core developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Documentation writers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Particularly helpful Moodlers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Peer reviewers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Plugin developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ
This is MDL-71366. This is a fix in progress, but it got stuck waiting for someone to comment. I will get it moving again.
Tim Hunt ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

by Dominique Bauer -
Documentation writers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Particularly helpful Moodlers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Plugin developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ

Brian,

In the meantime, just add this to the HTML of the question text:

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
    $(".r0 input,.r1 input").css("flex-shrink","0");
});
</script>

If you want a scroll bar for the long choices, which would be a nice feature, add an overflow property, i.e. use this:

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
    $(".r0 input,.r1 input").css("flex-shrink","0");
    $(".r0  div,.r1  div").css("overflow-x","auto");
});
</script>