Q&A forum produces "Invalid response value detected" error in App

Q&A forum produces "Invalid response value detected" error in App

by Tim Bahula -
Number of replies: 4

Hello, It seems that we have found a bug in the App that occurs when a student attempts to answer in a Q and A forum. (This problem doesn't occur in the browser.)

When a student accesses a Q&A forum that already has replies, the app returns a "Invalid response value detected" error message. Turning on debugging yields a more detailed error message:
discussions => Invalid response value detected: posts => Invalid response value detected: userposts => Invalid response detected: timecreated => Invalid response value detected: Invalid external api response: the value is "" of PHP type "NULL", the server was expecting "int" type

I have verified the problem occurs on our server and also in our MoodleCloud server.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Bahula

Re: Q&A forum produces "Invalid response value detected" error in App

by Tim Bahula -
Posted here and MOBILE-3764. No response in either place. Could someone with a newer version of Moodle attempt to reproduce so we know whether upgrading would help?
In reply to Tim Bahula

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Tim. I believe this is fixed in later versions - please see MDL-70863
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tim Bahula -
Thanks, Mary. I think that's it. We'll give it a try.
In reply to Tim Bahula

by Tim Bahula -
This problem was resolved by upgrading to Moodle 3.9.7. Thanks again for your help, Mary.