Odd error message: error/concurrent access from same user is not supported

Odd error message: error/concurrent access from same user is not supported

av Christe McMenomy -
Antal svar: 2

We are running on Linux 5.10.27-gentoo, PHP 7.4.16, mariadb10.5.9.

I just upgraded to Moodle 3.10.3+ (20210420).

Today, I had over 1000 error messages in the apache log:

[Sun Apr 25 18:58:12.283535 2021] [php7:notice] [pid 5843] [client

50.34.210.123:58781
] Default exception handler: error/concurrent access from the same user is not supported Debug: \nError code: concurrent access from the same user is not supported\n$a contents: \n* line 498 of /lib/setuplib.php: moodle_exception thrown\n* line 97 of /lib/editor/atto/autosave-ajax.php: call to print_error()\n, referer:

The forum is a legitimate forum number.
The IP address reported in "client" does not belong to any of our members (it does not occur in *any* Moodle log entry at all).

So...is this some kind of attempt at breaching our Moodle?
There are a significant number of failed login attempts using usernames that do not exist in our user DB, but none with this IP address.
Genomsnitt av betyg:Useful (1)
Som svar till Christe McMenomy

Re: Odd error message: error/concurrent access from same user is not supported

av Segun Babalola -

Hi Christe,

Did you get to the bottom of this?

Regards,

Segun

Som svar till Segun Babalola

Re: Odd error message: error/concurrent access from same user is not supported

av Christe McMenomy -
I still see the error in the Apache log from time to time (maybe once a week). The IP address varies and is never one that appears in the Moodle (the most recent error entry was yesterday -- Mon 8 August, with  a particular IP address different from the one above). 

For that error, I did find a student logged in (using the Moodle logs), and a number of Moodle actions from the same IP address, so that one seems like a legitimate entry, where the student might have had multiple windows open to the Moodle at the same time.