public certification page

public certification page

by Steve Pelham -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all,

for our quiz we want to use the certificate plugin. We want third parties to be able to verify the certificate.  The plugin offers to verify a certificate by typing in the cert code here

<moodlepage>/mod/customcert/verify_certificate.php?contextid=xxxxx

Now we need a page that allows for verifying a cert by a not logged-in user, i.e. by the public. 

What way would you recommend ? Moodle - web service ? Static page ?

Can you get me started here ?

Thank you for your suggestions!

Best,

Steve

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Pelham

Re: public certification page

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
There is a setting to allow this page to be available to anyone (including non-logged in users). See https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Custom_certificate_module#Allow_anyone_to_verify_a_certificate.
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Steve Pelham -
Hi Mark,

...forgot to give a feedback. If course this is working!
Thanks a lot.

In connection to that there is another question. Can you say where Moodle stores the generated PDFs on the server ? If the whole world can generate pdfs, do we run into the next risk ? disk space ?

Thanks for your answer !

Best,
Steve
In reply to Steve Pelham

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The PDFs are generated on the fly and stored temporarily, so to answer your question you won't run into the risk of running out of disk space.
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Steve Pelham -
Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot...!

So I suppose the PDFs are stored in the datafolder and are deleted by cronjob. right ?

Thx for your answer !

Best,

Steve