How are translations organised

Re: How are translations organised

by koen roggemans -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Sorry about the link - https://lang.moodle.org of course. Dutch speaking, from Belgium smile

Good that those 2 possible causes are ruled out.

• not a local modification
  • not a problem with the module

As for the local modification: you do use de and not de_du, de_wp, de_com, ...? Otherwise you have to check the other de_xx_local folders of course.

Further investigation

• I checked the language pack and verified that all quickmail strings are translated and German: OK
  • I checked the derived language packs (comm, kids, du, wp, ch) to verify that there are no strings for quickmail there: OK

So we are now sure that the problem is not on the end of the language pack. It must be a local problem.

From the thread I got that the strings are there in your language pack. So I can see only 2 reasons why they are not used: they are overwritten by English or the system can't read/find the German files. You are sure folders in lang are all readable and executable  for the webserver proces (e.g. 755) and the files are at least readable (e.g 644) ?

I'm very curious now because I honestly don't know where else to look. Going through the tread, there isn't much that isn't covered yet.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)