ERROR!!! The code that you are using is OLDER than the version that made these databases!

Re: ERROR!!! The code that you are using is OLDER than the version that made these databases!

by Abu Ali -
Number of replies: 5
Thanks dear Ken,
I have updated the Moodle code with latest code and this problem is solved.
In reply to Abu Ali

Re: ERROR!!! The code that you are using is OLDER than the version that made these databases!

by Muhammad Najib -
Hi i've same problem, may you show me step by step for solution using ssh
thank's before
In reply to Muhammad Najib

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The error means exactly what it says. You had a running version of Moodle and then changed the Moodle code for that of an older version (or the other way around). The solution is to replace the entire Moodle code base with a newer version. As Ken pointed out, you can find the version number in the database. The code version must be the same or newer.

How you got into this position I assume you must have some idea.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Muhammad Najib -

Yes, work like a charm. 

In reply to Muhammad Najib

by Ahmad Kamirea -
how did you do it? did you just reinstall Moodle?
In reply to Ahmad Kamirea

by Paul Raper -
Either reinstall, or better still upgrade/update. If the code you try to reinstall is the same as the original old code, you may not solve the problem.

The best way to handle it is to install from GIT and pull the latest version.