Issues while restoring course backup file from moodle 3.5 to 3.10

Issues while restoring course backup file from moodle 3.5 to 3.10

by Janvi MDL -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I tried restoration of course via restore course. I added all pre requisites in my.cnf and php.ini. My course restoration stops at 25% and doesn't show any error. If I run course again, The course which I was restoring will be in progress. I tried multiple times on this.

can any one help me on this issue?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Janvi MDL

Re: Issues while restoring course backup file from moodle 3.5 to 3.10

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
Turn on all error messages then try another restore, see if you can pinpoint where it is stopping. Without getting too specific, it is possible there is a change in the database and it is not responding to something that is in the coding of the backup, causing it to wait. It is possible that the backup is waiting for a plugin to respond, but a change there is not reacting the way it should so the restore is not continuing. Sorry, not being deliberately vague, but what it may mean is that you rename the *.mbz file to a zip file. Extract everything and either edit the xml to get around any issue pinpointed, or rebuild the course using the materials from the extraction. I've done this in the past, and it works, but you have to get everything right. I've also had the time to do it, test it, fix it, test it, fix it again, test it, get it working, on my test site, so perhaps a better option may be just to rebuild the course.
In reply to Colin Fraser

by Janvi MDL -

Thanks alot for your response. It is true with the point that back up was waiting for a plugin to respond. So to an extent your solution worked out.

My course backup is from a moodle in which canvas and lti were integrated. This very system was developed in moodle 3.5 and now am  trying to migrate it to stand alone moodle 3.10 . Now in this situation,  My query is 

what would be the better way to restore a course from integrated moodle 3.5 ( with canvas and lti ) and courses were developed in canvas to stand alone moodle 3.10

Will appreciate all ideas. Thank you. 

In reply to Janvi MDL

by Jennifer Cline -
Do you need to upgrade your version to 3.6 before you can restore a course to version 3.10?