[3.9]Minimum grade for assignment

[3.9]Minimum grade for assignment

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

My previous discussion on this has been closed: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=381057

Unfortunately I once again find myself in the situation where the minimum grade should not be zero.

Is there any news on this? Has anyone ever figured out how to set a minimum grade on an assignment?

What I want is quite simple. We have made a rubric with a maximum score of 10 points. Everything that scores less then 5 points should be graded 5. If you score 3 points, it's still marked as 5.

How on earth is this not possible?

In reply to Richard van Iwaarden

Re: [3.9]Minimum grade for assignment

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I recall that thread! Still wish there was flexibility on this. Since then, I've just ended up doing this with gradebook category calculations.
If your interested, give the assignment an ID and then, in the gradebook setup, wrap the assignment in a category that has a calculation of =max(assgnID, 5)
It will then take the higher of the assignment's "grade" or "5" in the category's calculation; though, it will still show the original score next to the assignment. 

In reply to John Provasnik

Re: [3.9]Minimum grade for assignment

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Thanks John!
That is a good solution that will hopefully help others. But not us. Our grades are synchronized to an external system. The gradeID of the assignment itself will be the grade that is picked up by the webservice, not the grade calculations made with a calculated item. sad