Completion date not showing

Completion date not showing

by coco fu -
Number of replies: 9

I have this issue that the completion date is not showing. I have quite a few courses and the certificate will generated on the certificate on the day the student have complete the course. Other course is showing the date. Only this newly launched course does not show the completion date. I have check the setting of the certificate and it does show the completion date in the preview and why in actual certificate, there is no date been shown?

Other course the certificate is generating correctly. Is the cron running individually for the course. 

Any solution ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to coco fu

Re: Completion date not showing

by Aus IT -

Hi folks, this is exactly the same issue we are hitting 8 months later...we are a MoodleCloud corporate user & have just the one course loaded currently. I recently added a very simple custom certificate under the course, with just a few fields, text headings & a couple images.

Is there any known work-around/fix for this please? When I'm editing the cert & hit "Save changes and preview", the completion date shows up in the correct spot & outputs to PDF. BUT, if as a student I want to preview my cert, the completion date is missing. Other dates, such as current date, work fine. Very frustrating...thanks all!

In reply to Aus IT

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
What are you using for the completion date? Is it possible that you are using course completion date but you have not set that up or the student has not actually completed the course?
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Aus IT -
Hi Emma, thanks for your response. I'm pretty sure we are using course completion criteria, as everyone can click on the View Certificate link and it will show the cert inline in their browser (and they can then just download it if they want). The completion date shows for me in the certificate inline editor as admin (when I click the "Save changes and preview" button). But then if I view or download it as student, the date disappears. Please refer 2 attached samples. Very odd...

Kind regards,
Robert Miskec
IT Manager, Lifeworks.
In reply to Aus IT

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
That doesn't mean anything...1. The preview for admin just throws a random date in so that you can see what it would look like. 2. The fact that anyone can view the certificate does not explain what date you have put in the certificate that you are expecting to show up...if you put in the course completion date and the students have not actually completed the course (per the course completion requirements), then there will not be a date...

by Aus IT -
About half of the staff have completed the course and some of the more recent ones actually received emails with the cert attached (not sure why either, as the option is definitely not enabled in course completion). Most of the completions dates would have been a year or so ago however, so most of those staff would just be printing the cert for the first time.

In any case, I re-did the course quickly on my account, and the Completion Date still doesn't show up on the cert, although it's definitely there . I can send you screenshots of our settings if you like - just let me know which option screens in particular you need to see. How/where do I look for the course Completion Date field against a user record to make sure it is being set correctly by the system on course completion...? Thanks!
In reply to Aus IT

by Emma Richardson -
Would need to see the restriction settings on the certificate, the course completion settings page and the Edit Certificate page, specifically showing that field.

by Aus IT -
Much thanks again Emma - please find attached (plus next post - 2 pic limit). Let me know if you need anything else.
Attachment Lifeworks-cert1.JPG
Attachment Lifeworks-cert2.JPG

by Aus IT -
Hi Emma, do those settings look ok to you...?