Need information on managing permissions

Need information on managing permissions

by Stan Klapauszak -
Number of replies: 3

Hi - I have installed the plug-in successfully and developed a template - seems to work well so far. However, I am confused about how to assign permissions to create certificates, create or modify templates, etc. Is there documentation about how the permissions for those various activities are assigned?

I am the site administrator, but I would like to allow our Registrar and Department Heads (all roles defined in our system) the ability to create / modify templates. How do I do that?

I can see in some documentation a Custom Certification Administration block which may allow management of permissions, but that block does not appear on my system after plugin installation. Do I need to do something to make that block appear so I can use it to manage permissions for this capability?

Please advise.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stan Klapauszak

Re: Need information on managing permissions

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Stan Klapauszak -
Hi Mark - thanks for that documentation.

I would specifically like to give users other than the site admin the capability to Manage Templates. I've reviewed the the permissions you shared and done some experimentation, but I don't see any permission that controls who can manage templates. Does that permission exist? If not, is there any other way to delegate Manage Templates capability to users who are not site admins?

Thanks,
Stan
In reply to Stan Klapauszak

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I had a look at the manage templates code and the permission used is 'mod/customcert:manage'. If you assign this at the system context they will be able to create site-wide templates.