Select missing words with two answer options?

Select missing words with two answer options?

by Jorge Faria -
Number of replies: 7

Hi

Would be possible to add two answer options in a Select missing words question?

Let say that my answer can be

Question

What is our preferred colors red and blue.

If the student answer blue and red is also correct.  But would appear as wrong in the correction.

Is there any option for something like:

What is our preferred colors  2 and 2 . Intes to use only 1] and 2?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jorge Faria

Re: Select missing words with two answer options?

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello Jorge,

You cannot do this with the Select missing words question, but you can easily do it with the Gapfill question. The XML file for the following example is attached.

In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Jorge Faria -
Thanks. But for what I am seeing it seems that all the options can be correct. I was trying to figure it out something like: If in the first box was red in the second only blue can be ok and vice-versa. Basically I was trying to find a way to determine what was the answer in the first box to ensure that the second has the right answer. Is there a way to do that?
In reply to Jorge Faria

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jorge,

"I was trying to find a way to determine what was the answer in the first box to ensure that the second has the right answer"

Sorry, but I do not understand what you mean by that. Could you please provide a real-world example better than your red/blue options?

Which question do you ask of the student? Which correct answer(s) (or set of alternative answers) are you expecting?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jorge Faria

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello Jorge,

Note that "blue and red" gives a mark of 2/2 points, as does "red and blue", but "red and red" and "blue and blue" only give 1 point because the answers are duplicated.

If you don't like the fact that "red and red" and "blue and blue" are labeled as correct with a green check mark, simply unselect "Whether correct" under "Review options" in the quiz settings and give a specific feedback as the one below:

In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Nadine Tilar -

Hi, I am new to Moodle and I would like to learn more about this XML file. May I ask how were you able to create the gapfill and input the XML file?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)