Contents of course skips 3 months ahead

Contents of course skips 3 months ahead

by Eric Sanfilip -
Number of replies: 2

Steps:

1. Login to Moodle (I am using iOS with a moodle mobile version of 3.9.4)
  2. Tap Dashboard
  3. Tap the course under Course overview
  4. I am redirected to another window where the contents tab is selected by default

See screen shot 1:
My section does not start on month 1.
It starts at month 3.
I have to tap the drop down menu and select month month 1 to find the upcoming month that starts at the end of February.

See screen shot 2:
Also, I don't know if it is related but if I log into the website through my desktop there is a yellow border only around month 3 as well.

Attachment Screenshot_1.jpg
Attachment Screenshot_2.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric Sanfilip

Re: Contents of course skips 3 months ahead

by Isabel Renedo -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi Eric

'Topics or weekly course format is best suited to mobile devices. In topics format, the first section or the highlighted section is shown by default in the app. In weekly format, the current week is shown.' (see documentation on 'Creating mobile-friendly courses')

I would assume that course has 'course format' configured to 'Topics format' and the section/topic highlighted is the one shown in the screenshot "Month 3 - April 3, 2021". Usually, teachers/trainers highlight a section/topic to indicate which is the current one. This can be changed by somebody with editing capabilities on that course (typically the teacher or the trainer), take into account it affects all users. 

Kind regards,

Isabel
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Isabel Renedo

Re: Contents of course skips 3 months ahead

by Eric Sanfilip -
Hello Isabel,

Thank you for your quick response and thank you for telling me about the course format!
The yellow border is gone and my mobile version is now showing all the courses like it should.

I appreciate it,
- Eric