16 clicks to paste an image in a forum

Re: 16 clicks to paste an image in a forum

by Rick Jerz -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Melanie, I also gave this a try (via SnagIt, but I don't think that matters.) I did a screenshot, copied it in Snagit, went to a Moodle forum's reply, yes Advanced, and pasted it in. I was surprised that it worked. This is a "I didn't know that" moment.  So, it is possible to paste an image (on the clipboard) with a simple ctrl-v keystroke (command-v on Mac) avoiding drag and drop altogether.

Francois, it appears that there are only two issues: 1) You might need to update your Moodle to 3.10, and 2) You might need to teach everyone the purpose of the Advanced editor features.

So, you could get this down to one click.  On my iPad, I was able to also paste a graphic into a reply.  Sure, students need to learn how to use their tablet's copy/paste feature.  Of course, ctrl-v (or command-v Mac) must be learned.

Just so that you know, I have seen requests that would allow the "Advanced" editor become a default, perhaps with a system setting. It seems to me that the "simple" editor was an added feature because people were saying "the Moodle editor is too complex." In my own case, I don't mind the "advanced" editor view, so this is what I would prefer. It might be nice, someday, if the user had a setting to pick their favorite default view. I don't know if there is a feature request for this, yet.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)