How can I change the font size for some old folks?

How can I change the font size for some old folks?

by Robert Lefebvre -
Number of replies: 3

I'm developing a moodle site that will be used by the older generation and I would like to increase the font size for them. Is the font size set once for all modules? Where can it be changed to a larger font? Can it be changed? etc etc.

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Lefebvre

Re: How can I change the font size for some old folks?

by Timothy Takemoto -

Robert,

Please someone correct me if I am wrong but I think that you can just add a
font-size: 20px;
or whatever into the body style in styles.php which will be in your selected theme

body, td, th, li {
    font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
This will not change all of the font sizes, because some of them are set separately further down the same file. Search and replace as appropriate.
Since this is a php file then I guess that it would be possible to add variable to allow global font size changes.

Happy Christmas too all (But there is a seperate thread for this)

Tim

Timothy Takemoto

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Patrik Nilsson -
There is another thing you can do I think.. most browser has under the view meny, text size.
If you just give them instructions to choose view meny, text size and large or big dependinging on the browser i guess.. Then all text change without you really have to do anything..
In reply to Robert Lefebvre

by Kam Vento -
You can modify CSS as Tim says or change the text size in the browser. Mozilla's View/TextZoom ( http://www.mozilla.org ) works great (the fonts stay clear at all sizes.) IE6 works, but not as well.