Stopping automatic "video" links in text

Stopping automatic "video" links in text

by Andrew Holownych -
Number of replies: 4

Hello moodlers.... 

When add a video to my training lesson, I automatically get a link, but this does not link to the video below (Fall semester weeks 19-21 content update), but to a previous training video I have made (Language learning advice). In the past I've not used the word "video" as a workaround, and I tried to go into the HTML editor, but didnt see anything to change. 

How do i either -a) link to the video I want to  or b) disable this feature entirely? 

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Holownych

Ang: Stopping automatic "video" links in text

by Preben Pedersen -
This would seem like you have autolinking enabled and possible a global glossary that has a 'video' entry.

There is multiple ways to sort it, but i would recommend that you read through https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Auto-linking to make sure that 'fixing' it doesn't interfere with other content.
In reply to Andrew Holownych

Re: Stopping automatic "video" links in text

by Joost Elshoff -
Wužiwarjo-wobraz wo Particularly helpful Moodlers Wužiwarjo-wobraz wo Testers
Hi Andrew,

This is, as Preben suggests, a feature called activity name auto-linking, as the links are sending your participants to another activity or resource in your course. If you want to keep on using the filter, but do not want to link in this text, you could open the HTML view in your text editor and add the tags around the text. There should also be an ATTO button available, to add to your editor, in case you don't feel comfortable editing the HTML directly.
In reply to Joost Elshoff

Re: Stopping automatic "video" links in text

by Andrew Holownych -
thanks Joost - i solved the problem as you suggested by adding tags abound the text (video )