BigBlueButton no recordings

BigBlueButton no recordings

by Simon Trelc -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I'm using moodle Moodle 3.9.1+ (Build: 20200717) and I have a problem with BigBlueButton recordings. We have our own Linux servers for moodle and BBB. It all works all right, but I get one problem. Usually it happens on mondays, one or two lectures that had happened are not showing recordings(we usually have like 8 lectures daily). The raw folder is not even created, so Events.xml file is also not created. But all other recording are made fine and all works. But randomly on mondays some recordings are just lost. I get the audio file in freeswitch folder and video file in kurento folder. But because there is no raw folder and no events.xml file I can't get the files together to make a recording. If anyone has any idea how to help me please say something.

If this does not belong to moodle.org just inform me, thanks.

Thank you for all the help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Simon Trelc

Re: BigBlueButton no recordings

by Jerry S -
Hi Simon, Did you resolve the issue? I am facing the same problem as you do but not Mondays smile
In reply to Jerry S

by Simon Trelc -
Hello,

The lectures were still open, because the moderator didn't click end session. So when I rebooted BBB the recordings were gone. Now they close all sessions and the problem is solved. Now the only problem is that recordings may be created in 1 day or 1 week. Some recordings show up after a day, some after a week. I don't know why, but at least they show up.
In reply to Simon Trelc

by Jerry S -
Thanks Simon,

Our problem is that Redis is randomly (evening hours) crashing, causing not generating external ID as well as no generated event.xml. Anyway, I will open a community support ticket as this is affecting 12 BBB servers and all of them have the same version 2.3.14

Cheers,
Jerry