When Preview Quiz, the Order of Choices in drag and drop into text is not random

When Preview Quiz, the Order of Choices in drag and drop into text is not random

by joe smith -
Number of replies: 4

I made a Quiz with 

drag and drop into text 

questions

I choose to shuffle the Choices.

When I preview a question I see the shuffling works well.

However, after I created a Quiz and added the questions to the Quiz, when I Preview the Quiz, the questions appear to have a fixed order of the Choices. That is, the choices in each question are not shuffled (as they were when I previewed each question).

Is this how it will be when a student takes the Quiz too? 

Is there anything I should do in order to make the choices be shuffled when previewing the Quiz?

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to joe smith

Re: When Preview Quiz, the Order of Choices in drag and drop into text is not random

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
'Is this how it will be when a student takes the Quiz too? '
What happened when you logged in as a student and attempted the quiz?
In reply to joe smith

Re: When Preview Quiz, the Order of Choices in drag and drop into text is not random

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In the quiz settings, there is an override for whether the choices in questions should be shuffled. (This should be on by default). Is that option turned off for your quiz? (This option is probably hidden behind a 'Show more...' link in the settings form.)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by joe smith -
Yes, mine was on "Off". Strange, I. don't recall changing it. Now it works.

thanks
In reply to joe smith

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
There is an admin setting which controls the default for this in new quizzes. If you can, check under Admin -> Plugins -> Activity modules -> Quiz and make sure this setting is on there.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)