Question set - why scroll bar?

by Beatriz Rojo -
Number of replies: 11

Hello,

when opening a question set from a Desktop or a laptop, the questions (I've tried several so far) are not completely displayed, even if there are only 3 choices, and a scroll bar appears:

This doesn't happen from a mobile device:

This is not the browser scroll bar, but the "Moodle scroll bar". Why is this? Is there a way to customize this so that from the Desktop the view is so neat like from a tablet? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
This drives me nuts but I have noticed on my site that only staff sees the scroll bar, not the students. So for me, I haven't investigated further since I'm Happy it looks fine for my students.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

Re: Question set - why scroll bar?

by Grace Williams -

Hello Beatriz, 

Did you find a solution to this?

We’re having the opposite issue to John: the scrollbar appears for our students but not admins – it isn’t easy to consistently replicate but means that for many students the end of the question or the check/finish buttons are cut off and you have to scroll to see them. 

We did an update to Moodle 3.9 last week and since then a style class (highlighted in screenshot below) has been automatically inserted into the iframe of every H5P we have embedded (in addition to the width and height info that was there before) – we don’t know where it is coming from as it isn’t in the original H5P embed code. We can’t edit it or delete it – Moodle always just changes it straight back to what it was. 

While we’re happy for the width to be set to 100% if this means the H5P is responsive, the given height apparently can’t be changed: sometimes we are left with a height of just 147px so the students are left with a tiny iframe window through which to view the quiz, which is understandably frustrating!

Please can anyone advise on how to make H5Ps consistently responsive so they appear without the scrollbar, or at the very least remove/edit the new style class in the iframe?

Thank you in advance! 

In reply to Grace Williams

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

To clarify the issue, on the body of the picture above the HTML code shows that a script is being loaded h5p-resizer.js. The script should call a function after the content loads that changes the height so that bar does not appear. Either it is not called at the proper time or has a conflict with some other  javascript. It may be helpful to look at the web console to see if there is something unusual there.

It looks like you are running the older contributed activity module mod_hvp. It is possible that the Moodle 3.9 implementation is also trying to load the same script a second time and that is causing an error.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Daniel Thies

by Noel Adjavon -
Hello All,
Have the same problem and no solution seems to be working.
Ay update?
In reply to Grace Williams

by Max Blindenhoefer -

Hello Grace,

we have the same problem on our moodle 3.8 plattform. Did you find a solution?

Greetings

Max

In reply to Max Blindenhoefer

by Grace Williams -
Hello Max,

Unfortunately not – after the update we had such problems with this and also with the embedded quizzes failing to report completion attempts that we had to move away from embedding them in iframes on the page. I hope you do find a solution though!
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

by Louisa van der Linden -
I could re-create this on a quiz 3.10.8 and vanilla 3.11.3. The quiz was not embedded, just a normal quiz activity.

In reply to Louisa van der Linden

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Louisa

This looks like a Moodle quiz multiplechoice question. Nothing to do with H5P.wink

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Louisa van der Linden -
Thanks, I missed that somehow. Made a new discussion in relevant quiz activity forum.
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

by Loic Requin -
Hi there, I have the same issue.
screenshot of embedded H5P activity in label
 I noticed that the missing bit seems to be the height of the H5P bar you need to download the H5P file before embedding into other Moodle activities.
Screenshot of the H5P bar
Could it be that the default "h5p-placeholder" class counts the space for the H5P bar?

See the code of the embedded activity in Moodle 3.9:

<div class="h5p-placeholder" contenteditable="false">https://moodle.bcu.ac.uk/draftfile.php/7595597/user/draft/885333530/the-digital-proficiency-wish-to-improve-6819.h5p</div>;

In reply to Loic Requin

by WISLEY KID -

I was facing the same issue, but I got it solved adding the following code to my custom css theme (Site administration / Appearance / Themes / (Your theme name) / (Custom CSS Field)).

Theme I'm using = Eguru

[id="page-h5p-embed"] {

overflow: hidden;

}

Average of ratings: Useful (2)