Web Service - Create User

Web Service - Create User

by Xlr8ED LEARNING -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Everyone

I was reading a discussion from 2012 about creating a new user in moodle using Web Service.  I am trying to find clarification and possibly instructions on this topic.  I would like to know first - is it possible, can you create a new user with web service?  If so, how can it be done and what can trigger the occurrence?  I would like to trigger this from my website or Paypal if possible.  

Next, is it possible then to enroll the newly created user into a specific course?

Thank you in advance for your help in this,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Xlr8ED LEARNING

Ang: Web Service - Create User

by Gonzalo Arellano -
Hello! Did you solve this?

For instance, you can use the function auth_email_signup_user to create that new user from your side. About enrolling to a specific course, Im looking for the same information so I hope this helps us to get some guiadance on that matter.

Best
In reply to Gonzalo Arellano

Re: Ang: Web Service - Create User

by Xlr8ED LEARNING -
Hi Gonzalo

Thank you for responding. There does not seem to be much interest in this or perhaps I have been asking in the wrong forum. I know it is possible - Edwiser Bridge can add and enrol directly from a Wordpress website. We would use this if our site was on Wordpress but it is not. Therefore our options are to find a solution with Web Service or switch our website to WordPress.

We will certainly let you know if we find a solution.

Stay well
In reply to Xlr8ED LEARNING

Re: Ang: Web Service - Create User

by Omar Esgaib -
You can check API functions "core_user_create_users", "core_course_create_courses", "enrol_manual_enrol_users" maybe they do the job you need.