SCORM Score ist not recorded if learners use an Ipad

SCORM Score ist not recorded if learners use an Ipad

by D. Bade -
Number of replies: 5

Hi there,

I have the following problem on Moodle 3.9:

I designed SCORM-Activities using Geogebra (wich has an option to export content as a SCORM 1.2-package). The activities I created all work fine on computers using various types of browsers (Firefox, Edge,Chrome).
But learners who are using Ipads (no matter what browser they are using - Safari, Firefox, Opera...) come up with the problem, that their score isn't saved by the system and that their competion-status ist incomplete.

Here is an example of a SCORM-activity that can be downloaded from Geogebra-Tube:

https://www.geogebra.org/m/kvgev2th

Here is the explanation how to export/download the activity in SCORM 1.2-format:

https://help.geogebra.org/topic/export-geogebra-scorm-1-2

As I mentioned above: the activity is working correctly for students who are using a computer. So the variables that SCORM needs are all set.

It seems to be a specific problem for Ipads (I am not sure if there is also the same problem with iOS in general, since I do not have an apple-computer for testing).

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this?

Thank you very much in advance!

Doro

Average of ratings: -
In reply to D. Bade

Re: SCORM Score ist not recorded if learners use an Ipad

by Melanie Scott -
Are they using the Moodle mobile app? That might help.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Melanie Scott

by D. Bade -
According to the moodle-app the format of the activitiy is not Scorm1.2 and therefore not supported. So the students cannot use the app for this activity.
Actually I find it a little strange, that the format is not Scorm1.2 because on the Geogebra-Website they say, that the Scorm-Version they export to ist 1.2 .
But I don't know, how I could check that.
There is another strange behavior that I observed with some student-accounts: sometimes the score that is beeing saved is higher than the Scorm-Max-Score. How can that happen?
Any ideas?
Best regards
Doro

Apparently I am not the only on who is struggling with these problems.
In reply to D. Bade

by Melanie Scott -
I suspect this is not the same problem as those because the app specifically says the package isn't the right format...but it could be. And it could be settings in your mac security. But I run scorms and test them on an iPhone with the mobile app and mine work fine.

Not all scorm products are created equal. I like Lectora (but don't use it any more). I use Captivate and Camtasia. Reporting is different in all three products. How you tell it to report differs and what version of the product impacts performance. I used to use iSpring occasionally...and I know a lot of people use Articulate (Storyline, 360, Rise). I looked at Geogebra's site. There isn't much there. I'm guessing they may do the minimum for scorm compliant modules. A long time ago, I used a product that purported to be scorm and you could build games. But it was really difficult to get it to actually work as a scorm. You had to jump through a lot of hoops and it was a massive headache. And sometimes, even if you did it right, it didn't work.

Have you tested it in RUSTICI? What does the published package look like? What kind of structure does the zip have? The answers may help figure out why the mobile app doesn't think it is a scorm. I used to run packages built somewhere else where I had to move files around in the zip to get them to work because the scorm packager didn't...well, package properly.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to D. Bade

by Hal MacLean -
I have a feeling that iOS has been updated, and scorm scoring has been broken as a result of this.

Scorm 1.2 works fine in Moodle, and scorm 1.2 also works, but it is not fully supported. Moodle app may complain about it...

Visit Scormcloud.com and upload your scorm there, check it works and is compliant. Next, try it on a laptop or desktop computer - use different browsers, try Firefox, for example.

If it is compliant, and works in F'Fox, then it is the iPad browser with the issue.
In reply to Hal MacLean

by Hal MacLean -
Just to update.. I am seeing issues with non-scoring scorm objects in some systems which are version 3.8+. They work ok on desktop and laptop but not phones. Updating now to latest version, and will report back on progress.