Moodle plugin hangs on update

Moodle plugin hangs on update

por Paulo Tavares -
Number of replies: 1

Hi everyone

I'm developing a moodle plugin to interface with a my own app framework. This way I can have the apps developed in my framework to integrate smoothly and directly into moodle.

My plugin have a lot of dependencies and it has thousands of files in sub-directories.

So my problem is that moodle hangs when upgrading to a newer version. After an insight look of moodle upgrade process I've realized that during this process, all subdirectories of my module are deeply scanned. This hangs the process and the server timeouts.

I can't increase the timeout of my production server.

My question is: Is there a way to tell moodle not to scan my subdirectories during an upgrade?

Thank you very much , I'm having this issue for months.

If this is in the wrong forum, please redirect me to the correct one.

Many thanks,

Paulo Tavares, Portugal

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paulo Tavares

Re: Moodle plugin hangs on update

por David Mudrák -
Imaxe de Core developers Imaxe de Documentation writers Imaxe de Moodle HQ Imaxe de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imaxe de Peer reviewers Imaxe de Plugin developers Imaxe de Plugins guardians Imaxe de Testers Imaxe de Translators

I can have the apps developed in my framework to integrate smoothly

Just to make sure you are aware - if you develop your app as an LTI-compliant learning resource, you can integrate it easily with Moodle without any extra development on the Moodle site via https://docs.moodle.org/en/External_tool

during this process, all subdirectories of my module are deeply scanned

What particular part of upgrade do you refer to here? Where and how is you integration implemented?