Import Lesson into Single Activity Format not working

Import Lesson into Single Activity Format not working

by Sam Browning -
Number of replies: 1

Not sure what I am doing wrong on this one, but I have a huge amount of lessons to move over to a single activity format and would really love to speed up the process using the import tool.

• Course format:
    • Trying to import a Lesson Activity from a Weekly Format course to a Single Activity Format Course
  • Moodle version

Steps I took:

1. When I import the Lesson from the weekly format course into the single activity format course it does not appear.
  2. Found imported lesson by switching course format to Topics. 
  3. Replaced the original lesson created when I created a single activity course with the imported lesson. 
    1. Deleted original lesson
    2. Moved imported lesson into the "General" topic
    3. Deleted topic 1 that was auto generated when I switched to topic format.
  4. Switch the course format back to Single topic format 
  5. Imported topic still does not appear
  6. Now the course will not allow me to bring a lesson back at all in the single course format and the only way I can use the course is in a format other than topic format.

How do I properly import a lesson (or any activity in general) into a single activity course format?

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Browning

Re: Import Lesson into Single Activity Format not working

by Sam Browning -
I have also tried backing up the Lesson I am wanting and then restoring it in the Single Activity Course Format. All it does is create a new activity and then Orphans the restored version just like it does to the Imported version of the lesson. I cannot figure out out to replace the activity the single activity format creates with an already populated activity