Cloze Feedback for Wrong Only

Re: Cloze Feedback for Wrong Only

by Alisa Natal -
Number of replies: 0
Yeah, unfortunately I do think you are right. The GapFill will likely make more sense for us. I should have researched more before I started, as I just assumed the feedback would be consistent no matter the question type! Indeed, it is more important that our feedback be positive than concise per answer. (I did hope to have my client fill in more specific and interesting feedback at some point). 

Generally - I am constantly surprised by how inconsistent things in Moodle are, and how difficult it is to modify individual components without changing them universally. I'm sure this helps in ways of reducing some coding, but in reality it wouldn't bog the system down too much. For the quizzes, I wish I could change the buttons, messages etc, as it honestly is confusing and unclear. It surprises me to no end that this inability to modify doesn't seem to bother the majority of users/developers.

It seems that it is expected that you only use certain question-types for a single quiz and also expect students to learn how to use the quiz with very little direction. For my clients, and our customers, the navigation is quite confusing (and I do agree with them). I will be accompanying my quizzes with tutorials for this reason, and I'm not at all happy I can't just build in my own customized pages and buttons (especially on the review page... which I would love to just bypass entirely). 

Joseph, thank you very much for your time and patience. I do wish I could have gotten the Cloze question positive feedback to work exactly like the other question types. But as it turns out my client is redoing most of the quiz anyway, so I will redo them as GapFill.