Make Moodle v3.9 as LTI Provider using LTI 1.3

Make Moodle v3.9 as LTI Provider using LTI 1.3

by IRVIN BAHAN -
Number of replies: 2

Pls anyone who would help us, about any documentation on how to make Moodle v3.9 as an LTI Provider using LTI 1.3.

I really need the documentation so we can update our school capability using LTI 1.3. Moodle can only create a LTI PUBLISH tool and gave only the Tool url, secret key which is for the setup of LTI 1.1. But LTI 1.3 needs more than that. Please help me find a documentation on how Moodle v3.9 can be an LTI Provider using LTI 1.3.

Thank you so much 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to IRVIN BAHAN

Re: Make Moodle v3.9 as LTI Provider using LTI 1.3

by Veronica Volz -
LTI consumer (External Tool) has been updated to accept 1.3, however the Publish to LTI Tool has not. There is a plan to do this, but no one is currently assigned to work on it. We would like it as well, so please check it out here, and PLEASE UPVOTE IT: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-64780
In reply to IRVIN BAHAN

Re: Make Moodle v3.9 as LTI Provider using LTI 1.3

by Jake Dallimore -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I plan to have the provider code updated to support LTI 1.3 for Moodle 4.0. This update will support LTI 1.3 launches, deep linking content selection, grade sync using Assignment and Grade Services 2.0 and member sync using the Names and Role Provisioning Service 2.0. You can check the progress in MDL-69542. This will not be backported.

Cheers,
Jake
Average of ratings: Useful (2)