Forcing a time limit for exam

Forcing a time limit for exam

על ידי Claire Fox בתאריך
מספר תגובות: 2

Hi all,

I'm on version 3.8. I looking to run an online exam that forces students to complete it within 2 hours of starting. The topic is MS Office so I'm hoping to provide detailed instructions (there will be about 20 steps to follow), ideally in a single document. The students' solutions will be submitted by way of an Excel file.

Is there a way to do this? I've been exploring the Quiz option but I can't see how I might work with these file types.

Any tips would be appreciated!
Thank you,
Claire Fox

ממוצע דרוגים: -
בתגובה ל: Claire Fox

Re: Forcing a time limit for exam

על ידי Rick Jerz בתאריך
תמונה של Particularly helpful Moodlers תמונה של Testers
You seem to have asked several questions.

1) Yes, quizzes can be timed. See https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Quiz_settings#Timing.
2) Yes, you can provide detailed instructions by using a "Description" question type as your first question.
3a) Yes, students can upload a file into a quiz question.  But you need to use a question type that supports an upload.  The essay question type supports file uploads.
3b) Alternatively (to #3a), you can create an "Assignment" and have students upload their Excel files.  Using #3a or #3b will depend upon your situation, and how you prefer to grade.  The advantage of using the "Assignment" is that you can "bulk download" the files and grade "off-line."