need help in moodle configuration

need help in moodle configuration

by ahmed shaheen -
Number of replies: 3

i have setup moodle and needs to set it's settings to guarantee these points:

i need it to be like a virtual courses center which is like:

1- every teacher can create his own courses

2- teacher can create multiple classrooms under his course.

3- teacher can add students to system and form them into groups and enroll these groups into courses or enroll individual students.

4- every teacher can't edit or delete the other's teachers courses nor classes

------ these points are required the following are plus if they are available -------------

4- every teacher and his data (classes courses and students) are hidden from the other 

thank you in advance

Average of ratings; -
In reply to ahmed shaheen

Re: need help in moodle configuration

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
1. Enrol each teacher in Moodle with the Teacher role in the site context. Then they'll all be able to create their own courses.
2. What do you mean by "classrooms"? Perhaps creating a Group in each course for each "classroom" does what you want?
3. Perhaps you can use Cohorts for this?
4. Only enrol each teacher in his/her own course and disable self-enrolment in those courses. That prevents other teachers from enroling in the courses. To "hide" each course from other teachers (why would you ever do that???) use enrolment keys in each course. Each course has a unique enrolment key which teachers don't share with other teachers.

Isn't it better to let the teachers collaborate and work together instead of dividing them up like you're implying? That way they could produce better courses and help each other...
Average of ratings;Useful (1)
In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by ahmed shaheen -
thank you luis for response.
great i will do try your steps.
yes i mean by classroom a group of students . i used the word classroom because the most activity will be done in my platform would be learning video conference like a classroom but virtual.
i'm integrating video conference services for this functionality like bigbluebutton or wiziq.

about hiding teacher related data from the others, it's just not to confuse every teacher with all this data of courses and students that he might not make use of.
imagine i have about 20 or 30 teachers and every teacher has more than 50 or 80 student and about 5 courses, it will be a mess for a teacher if he have to see all of this in his dashboard.
if you have any other recommendations or advice it's more than appreciated, and thank you for help.
Average of ratings;Useful (1)
In reply to ahmed shaheen

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
You could use course categories to structure the different courses into diferent categories. Example: you could create a course category for each teacher. Each teacher then puts his/her courses in their respective category. Or you could create a category for each grade instead... Whatever suits your way of working best.