Help needed with Moodle 3.10 QA testing

Help needed with Moodle 3.10 QA testing

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 14
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Moodle 3.10 is scheduled for release on Monday 9 November 2020, so we're running another Quality Assurance (QA) testing cycle - see the Moodle 3.10 QA testing dashboard.

If you'd like to have a play with Moodle 3.10 on our QA testing site and at the same time help with QA testing, please read the QA testing guide.

New testers are always welcome - make sure you have created a tracker account then send me a message and I'll add you to the testers group. Experienced testers are also very welcome!

Please remember when running a test to take screenshots of the steps where you verify or check something and attach them to the test. (In previous QA cycles we've found screenshots provided by testers to be most helpful, particularly when investigating test failures. Thus the QA testing guide now includes this step.)

As always, we're aiming for a 100% pass rate of QA tests, so all help is much appreciated.

Average of ratings: Useful (6)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Help needed with Moodle 3.10 QA testing

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
With Moodle 3.9, somehow QA testing started before all the major features were integrated. Therefore, some regressions were missed, and some testing had to be re-done.

Are we going to do better this time?
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Tim,

Hopefully this time will be better! We currently have glossary QA tests on hold, and download course contents (MUA-funded project - MDL-63270) and payment gateways (MDL-69166) are currently going through integration review.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Nicolas Martignoni -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I'll give a hand if I can found some time…
In reply to Nicolas Martignoni

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Like Nicolas, i'm really busy, and not sure to find time to help testing this time...

And doing/publishing screenshots is one more thing taking a little more time.
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Helen Foster -

Thanks everyone for any help you can give. The screenshots have so far been very helpful in identifying one bug and one test with instructions needing rewriting.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Avi Levy -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I'm in 😎

In reply to Avi Levy

by Helen Foster -

After one week, we have 77 tests (12%) passed, so still have a way to go! Thanks to everyone for helping run tests. As mentioned in the moodle.org news, we will once again be sending a T-shirt from our Moodle shop to the top 10 community QA testers.

Glossary tests are now open, however Badge tests are on hold due to related issues currently going through integration.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Moien Abadi -
Picture of Testers
Hi Helen
I'm ready to help.
In reply to Moien Abadi

by Helen Foster -

Many thanks everyone for offering to help with QA testing, including all those of you who have contacted me directly. We're now up to 44% of tests passed!

Remember if you are using the QA testing site and would like admin or manager access for running certain tests, just send me a message!