Teachers unable to see any reports

Teachers unable to see any reports

by Niall Sheehan -
Number of replies: 3

Banging my head against the chalkboard trying to sort this out. I've verified that the Block's permissions allow View Reports for Teachers, also tried All. Verified that the report is available to Teachers, but the Configurable Reports block is empty when logged in as a teacher.

When I check permissions for a Teacher assigned to a course with a report, I see they have yes to everything but Manage Reports and Manage SQL Reports. Under Roles, I've added the permission to Teachers to view reports all looks as I would expect, except that the Configurable Reports BLock is blank. FWIW Managers can see the reports.

Help.

Thank you!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Niall Sheehan

Re: Teachers unable to see any reports

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

Niall,

The role permissions only control how users can use the block itself, not the reports in the block. Each report has a Permissions tab and on that tab you must set up the permissions about who can see each report. In this case, it sounds like you will want to set the "User with selected role" to Teacher.

You may also want to set the Global report option to checked On in the (rather confusingly named) "Report" tab in the General section, depending on what you need for the report. 

Randy

Attachment screenshot_8486.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Randy Thornton

Απάντηση: Re: Teachers unable to see any reports

by Chrysa Souliou -
Hi Randy! Same problem..Did you find any solution?
In reply to Chrysa Souliou

Re: Απάντηση: Re: Teachers unable to see any reports

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
Chrysa,

What I wrote is the solution for NIall's issue. Does this not work for you?

First, users have to be able to see the block. (See this in the documentation: https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Configurable_reports#Use_the_same_report_in_different_courses).

Secondly, each and every report must have some type of permission set on its own"Permissions" tab which controls who can see that particular report, using one of the types as shown in teh screenshot above.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)