Student notification issues after update

Student notification issues after update

by Jason Losett -
Number of replies: 4

Has anyone else experienced issues with student notifications? After our updated to 3.9 all student notification emails (for either booking or cancelling a slot) have stopped. What is strange is that  the teacher is still receiving the emails. So the notifications option in the scheduler settings is set to "Yes", and teachers get emails with new student bookings and cancellations, but when I log in as a student (or have a student share screen on Zoom) and book a time slot, there is no email that is sent out. They did seem to work prior to the update. I've checked individual student notification settings, course settings, and global settings and have gotten to the point where I think there may be an issue with the plugin handling this since the latest moodle update. 

I look forward to anyone else's input. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Losett

Re: Student notification issues after update

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hi Jason,
for different reasons, I also want to check what students get and I've asked some students to inform me about the notifications. I'll share with you my findings.
In reply to Jason Losett

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hi Jason,
my students get the notifications from the Scheduler (in my case, just the reminder of upcoming sessions). We had Moodle 3.5 and updated to Moodle 3.9.
In reply to Jason Losett

by Evan Schwarz -
Did you ever get a better answer? I'm finding the same when testing this out before implementation. Teachers will receive notification of a booking, students do not. Also seems that the reminder email is not being sent to students. I of course have notifications set to ON.
I am a Tenant Admin, but not a Site Admin.
In reply to Evan Schwarz

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
As far as I understand what you say, this is intended behaviour: When a student books a slot, the teacher gets a notification (but not the student). That might change in the future, see CONTRIB-4647, and I'm of course interested in your views.